Wednesday, June 29, 2011

God's Love

14 For this reason I kneel before the Father, 15 from whom every family in heaven and on earth derives its name. 16 I pray that out of his glorious riches he may strengthen you with power through his Spirit in your inner being, 17 so that Christ may dwell in your hearts through faith. And I pray that you, being rooted and established in love, 18 may have power, together with all the Lord’s holy people, to grasp how wide and long and high and deep is the love of Christ, 19 and to know this love that surpasses knowledge—that you may be filled to the measure of all the fullness of God.
 20 Now to him who is able to do immeasurably more than all we ask or imagine, according to his power that is at work within us, 21 to him be glory in the church and in Christ Jesus throughout all generations, for ever and ever! Amen.
Ephesians 3:14-21 NIV

I love how this verse encompasses so many aspect of God. A love so deep that we cannot even understand. After all of the "I did THAT?" After all the shame. With all the hiding, the fear and the not letting go.
God, OUR FATHER AND LORD, says to a broken and binded soul, "I am here. I have always been here. I am never leaving, I am never letting go. I will never lie to you. I will never hurt you. I will never make you feel ashamed or guilty for what you do for me, in My Name. I am love.. I am the love that you have been looking for everywhere else and cannot find. Follow me and I will heal you and you will be mine."

Out of all of the "love" I have ever had in my life, I don't think anything have made me feel completely guilt-free though my marriage is very close I still feel guilty about things sometimes.) God's love is the only one that is completely unconditional and guiltless. The only time I feel guilty about God's love is when I am refusing to let it shine into my life. I never have to worry about what He has up His sleeve, His motivations, His intentions or what I have to do to "earn" His love (or more of it for that matter.) If I love Him, truly and with all of my heart, I will want to follow Him wherever He leads me. I never have to be afraid that He will leave me or that I am not doing enough to make Him happy as long as I love Him, obey Him and submit to Him. There is a willingness in submission. You are not "forced" into submission. Submission is an act of love and total trust for a Christian. I know God loves me enough to let Him take hold of every aspect of my life and make it His without a fight.

Am I truly being an obedient Christian in every aspect of my life? I don't think I am but I know I want to be!

Lord, I want to be obedient and submit to Your power and see Your Awesome Light in my life. Show me how to obey you. Give me the strength to do what You Will not what I want to or think is the "right" way to do things. I think I want to but show me how I NEED to. Remind me of Your Love. Your AMAZING and GLORIOUS Love. The only true love in all of Your creation. Amen!

No comments:

Post a Comment