Saturday, February 12, 2011

What a Joy!

What a joy to live a life that God created, that He knows every part of and that He leads!

Oh, how I used to be afraid of looking to the past for what it was. Afraid that someone, ANYONE, would find out my secrets, the secrets of a live once (but no longer) lived. Of the family skeletons in the closet. Of people telling me that I am not good enough to know God. How amazing is He that through everything, EVEN I can be set FREE!  (John 8:32-36; Romans 6:6-7 & 18 and so many more)

I was told a week ago, when I prayed over and over about sharing my past with a friend who really needed some encouragement, that she couldn't believe that I had been through the things I had told her about. That I had done some of the things I had done. All by the power of Christ, I have been changed. I don't have a desire to be my old self (Eph 4:20-24) but to follow my Lord. That she can't believe that I have been through those things is an awesome show of God's mighty power. What strength He has given me to be able to share those skeletons for the benefit of someone else. Through me, He has given her strength to become a mother, clean up her life, want more and, hopefully, pull herself to the gifts He has saved for us.

What negativity I have had about my life. "Oh, Woe is me! Look at everything I have been through....what a victim" Boo hoo hoo. But Now I look at my life. Look at all the blessings! I am ALIVE! I have met the One Who Created. I have been mistreated (to make me strong and have tough skin) been put down (to be lifted up) hurt (to learn how to help others) and lead to God (to talk about, teach-eventually-and maybe by His Grace lead someone to Him.)

I want to live a life motivated by love for Him and that makes others so jealous of my gift of freedom that they turn to God and be saved!

Lord, thank you for changing my life. I want to always want you more!~ AMEN

No comments:

Post a Comment